Introducing YOUR lobbyist, Ally Bernstein
Ally is AYA’s official lobbyist for student debt and higher education-related issues. She is working on your behalf with elected officials to increase access to student aid, protect borrowers against predatory lending practices, ensure that higher education is affordable for all students and families, and preserve the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Ally is an expert on higher education policy and the federal funding process. Since she joined AYA, she has met directly with dozens of members of Congress about higher education issues, helped organize and arrange key educational grassroots events and Hill briefings, and joined several Coalitions to advance AYA’s higher ed priorities. In addition to her work for AYA, Ally is an active member of Women in Government Relations (WGR) and served on the Committee for Education Funding (CEF) board of directors from 2015-2018. In 2017, Ally graduated from the Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) Washington DC Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP).
In 2016 alone, $3.15 billion was spent on lobbying, stealing the ears of those we elected to pass policies that help young people. By working together we can ensure your voice is heard by lobbying on your behalf and giving you the tools to advocate for yourselves on Capitol Hill. With more than 15,000 members and more than 30,000 messages sent to elected representatives to date, the Association of Young Americans is taking the fight to Washington with a dedicated lobbyist to advance the policies YOU care about most.
A small ongoing monthly membership contribution enables Ally to:
- Meet with Members of Congress and their staff about higher education issues
- Raise awareness about AYA’s higher education priorities
- Work in Coalitions to help make college more accessible and affordable
As a monthly contributor you’ll receive:
- Regular updates from Ally about all of the latest higher ed legislation and news
- Calls to action that make advocacy on these issues easy
- For less than a single cup of coffee a month your contribution will ensure your lobbyist can continue to fight for YOU in Washington.