Tell your reps to oppose EPA budget cuts!
Trump’s proposed budget threatens to shrink EPA spending from $8.1 billion to $5.7 billion and eliminate 1/4 of the agency’s 15,000 jobs.
The budget would cut or eliminate funding to programs which:
- Monitor drinking water quality, like those that would have prevented the water crisis in Flint, MI.
- Enforce violations, such as fining those who put our health at risk.
- Clean contaminated sites or redevelop old industrial sites.
- Research chemicals and their potential harmful qualities.
- Test vehicle emissions and limit pollution.
- Clean up our waterways, including Great Lakes, Chesapeake Bay, etc.
- Monitor and protect against radiation. For more info, check out our blog post.
Over the next few months, Congress will debate whether or not to implement this proposal. We can’t let them pass it.
Tell your representatives to reject any cuts to lifesaving EPA programs.